Friday, December 31, 2010

First Quilt


I finished my first ever quilt earlier this week. And by first I mean the first one I have done totally by myself start to finish... with no help from my grandma (I always seem to run out of gas at some point and she takes over.)

The fabric was bought at Sarah's in Lawrence, which is one of the coolest fabric stores ever. I used a white flannel with grass green polka dots on one side and a pink cotton print with little chickies on the other side. Originally I intended to use the pink fabric as the binding, but I didn't have enough in the end due to some poor planning (aka not really knowing what I was doing!). For the binding I used premade double wide double folded bias tape from Jo-anns. It looked the best of all the options I had.

I didn't get a good picture of the quilt at the very end, but here are a few pictures I took along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Sweet quilt and all on your own too. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete