Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baking Fail

I tried to make some cupcakes last night. Specifically the Mary Presidential Birthday Cupcakes. Well... as you can see they didn't turn out so well. I've been at 5300 feet for months now and this is my first major baking disaster. Time to start working rejiggering the cake recipes.

Overflowing the pan, not rising properly and still gooey at 20 minutes into baking.




4 comments:

  1. Craziness. We usually have to deal with the humidity (pumpkin pie is quite tricky). This week Emily made a carrot cake that was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. Carrot cake.

    Someone at work told me to add a little extra flour. I'm going to try it for round two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going through all my friends' blogs and found this. Turns out you're not the only one trying to achieve the perfect high altitude cupcake.

    http://taoofcraft.typepad.com/taoofcraft/2011/03/high-altitude-cupcake-quest-.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm going to try these for sure.

    ReplyDelete